March 24, 2020

So this is life now...


So this is life now.  COVID-19 has penetrated the US and many of us are working from our homes rather than going to our places of business.  Our children are attending school via online classes while we learn to become teachers on the fly. I hope you all remember that algebra and geometry that you learned in middle school.  You said you would never need it but today's the day!

We are trying hard to adjust to our new "normal", which has not been easy.  I have experienced so many emotions during the last week; so much anxiety about the well-being of our country and its people.  Much of this emotion is uncontrollable.  I feel things and don't understand why I feel them.  My body is rejecting the changes and the stress said changes are causing.  I'm having a physical reaction to this virus and I don't even have it!

As Americans we often feel like we are safe from the things that other cultures experience such as war, frequent terrorism and even famine.  For me, at least, that feeling of security has currently (and hopefully only temporarily) left the building.

All we can do right now is push forward.  Continue working at home as much as we can.  Spend extra time with our children and be that stay-at-home parent we secretly envy when we are at work.  Be kind to others because we are all in this together.  Pray, because if we feel secure in our relationship with God, we know that whatever storms come our way, we are on a path that He has made for us.  There is a purpose to all of this, even if we don't understand what it is at this moment.

Above all, let's stop and be grateful for what we have. 

Today I am grateful to work for an organization that is supporting its employees through this rough time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said! My body feels the stress too. So hard to deal with this terrible pit I have in my stomach! The nervousness I have about paying the bills. I just have to keep telling myself “ we are all in the same boat”. And comfort myself by knowing my clients can’t go anywhere else to get their hair done๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™. Just knowing all my family is safe thus far makes my heart sing with thanks to God. Keep blogging!