March 25, 2020

Apparently, we are all grieving.




Someone dear to me shared an article with me today.  A reputable article, from the Harvard Business Review.  It describes what we are feeling as grief.  We grieve for the way things used to be, for the things we used to do, for our normal lives. But we also have grief over what's going to happen next. 

I know some of the grief I have is over what my life used to be like; you know the swanky parties and endless trips around the world.  But seriously, I miss having dinner and drinks in a restaurant with my husband. Now all we can do is order takeout and pull up to the curb to pick it up.  I miss Saturday morning shopping at Target with my Starbucks (yes, I'm that person). Shopping now, is no longer fun but something I have anxiety about.  I miss the simple things.

The article goes on to say that we can deal better with grief if we name it.  I think it somehow gives it less power over us when we do that.  I guess that's what I am trying to do in this blog.

I worry about the mental state of the people in our country.  I did not feel like we were in such a good place before all of this happened.  I fear that this may be too much for people.

Today I am grateful for people in my life who send me articles like this.  I'm grateful to know that someone truly cares about my well-being.

I encourage you to talk to others about your anxiety and grief.  You will instantly realize that everyone else is feeling the same way - YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

If you would like to read the article, you can do so by clicking HERE.


No comments: