March 26, 2020

A new hobby?



There has been a huge call from the healthcare industry for those who sew to make masks.  My mom has quickly jumped on that bandwagon and is making masks while she is at home.  Her 9 to 5 job is a hairdresser but due to the regulations put in place with the Shelter in Place order in Michigan she finds herself out of a job at the moment.  She wasted no time getting to work on masks and didn't hesitate to send me a somewhat creepy selfie.

I find myself feeling a little helpless these days.  I can't do anything to help this pandemic, other than staying at home.  I have plenty to do between work, school and keeping my house from looking like a war zone as a result of my family being home 24/7 but I still feel like I need to do something for the greater good.  With a little guidance from my mom, my family and I have decided to tackle this face mask project over the weekend.  We will see how that goes - I'm a scrapbooker, not a seamstress so this will really be testing my abilities!

Today I am grateful for people coming together and trying to help others.  I am grateful for the healthcare providers and first-responders for standing on the front lines during this war against COVID-19.


We all know someone who is working on the front lines of this pandemic.  I encourage you to reach out (but not closer than six feet) and let them know how much you appreciate their sacrifices.

No comments: