November 19, 2009

Lookin' Like Christmas - Day 3


Can you tell that I LOVE this stamp set?

For today's card I decided to do a quick gate fold card with a belly band. It's super easy and VERY fast to make!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".

Cardstock cut at 1 1/2" x 8 1/2"

Scor Pal or other scoring device.

Cuttlebug Candy Stripe Embossing Folder

Nestabilities Labels 8

Label Accents stamp set from Scent With Love Stamps

Scor Tape

Colorbox Chalk Ink in Lipstick Red and Dark Moss.

Eclipse Tape


HOW TO

All you have to do is lay the card on your Scor Pal with the 8 1/2" side at the top. You will see two arrows pointing down and that's where you score! Super easy, now you have a gate fold card!

Now for the embossing! I did one flap of the card at a time (did not emboss the back) but I am sure you could probably do both at once if you wanted to.

To make the belly band I tried scoring it, but that didn't work. You want to be able to remove the band somewhat easily from the card to read the inside so you will want it a bit looser than what the scoring allows for. I decided to just wrap it around my card and make little "fold" marks where it needed to be scored. I then took it back to my Scor Pal and scored those marks. I attached it together with Scor Tape to make sure that it wouldn't come apart while being handled.

Now you are ready to stamp your labels and attach them to your belly band!

Super simple right?

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a FANTASTIC day!!

No comments: