November 18, 2009

Lookin' Like Christmas - Day 2



Hello Again!

Today's project was inspired by my daughter! She is constantly telling me what she wants from Santa and to be honest, I can't keep track of it all! I decided to make this little Wish List book so that I could write all of those wishes down! I think it will also be fun to look back on it several years from now and see how much things have changed with her wish list! If you don't have little ones, the book could also work for making lists of the gifts that you need to buy or make!

This is honestly the most simple book to make!

SUPPLIES

1 - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock scored and folded in half (basically a normal A2 card)

Printer paper cut at 8" x 5", scored and folded in half. These are the inside pages and you can decide how many you would like in your book.

Stamps of your choice for the background (I used an Inkadinkado set from last Christmas)

Versamark Ink

Ribbon to wrap around the book

Scor Tape I like this better than the red line tape because it is not as thick and doesn't show a bump under your ribbon. It's also SUPER sticky and you don't have to cut it- you tear it! It's awesome!

Stapler

Mouse pad or piece of foam

Spellbinders Nestabilities 8

Label Accents Stamp Set from Scent With Love Stamps

Eclipse Tape

American Crafts small MerryMint stamp set for the "Wish List" stamp. You may even have a stamp in your own collection that would work just as well!


HOW TO

To get started grab the stamps you would like to use as the background and your Versamark Ink. I do this step first because the Versamark takes some time to dry. You could also emboss the images which would eliminate the drying time.

Now, go ahead and cut and stamp the labels and set them aside.

Back to the book. Now you will need to place your inner pages inside your cover just as you want them. Lay the book out flat on your mouse pad or piece of foam (so that you can see both the front and back cover) and put two staples into the book where you scored it in half.

Now you have a book! Go ahead and put the score tape around the book and adhere the ribbon to it. Be sure to leave some ribbon at the ends if you want to tie it closed.

You are now ready to adhere your labels to the book! I used foam adhesive for this step so that I wouldn't see the line from the ribbon through my labels.



That's it! You're finished and you have an adorable book to keep track of those special gifts!

I would LOVE to see your book and if you would like to email it to me at cwarnke@sbcglobal.net I would be happy to post it here!!

Please feel free to email me or leave a comment with any questions!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a WONDERFUL day!

No comments: